The 2005 Travels of Richard n Shirley

We are fulltime RV's. This means we have no other home but our motor home. We joined the Escapees RV Club and use their mail forwarding service and forum. In addition to Escapees forum, you can find us on rv.net and lrv2.com. We are Richard n Shirley on all of them. We access the internet with a Direcway satellite dish mounted on a tripod. We do set up the dish at every place we stop for the night or more. We are #2321 on datastormusers.com. Click us and you will find our current location.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

The dinner was a huge success.

I spent the morning putting the pics on the class blogg. I dont remember all the names so I have asked for help. We had two new couples join us that had been reading the escapees forum.

Today the sky is cloudy. We are all awaiting the Rita effect here. The forecast last night was for rain from sunday to wednesday. They need rain here for the farmers and lakes. We dont need rain here because we will be parking on grass starting in the am thru the morning of the 25th. If it becomes a big mud hole, I'll post the pics. We will probably have to use the laundry in a little town of Christopher which is east of Du Quoin. The laundry in DQ is old and not very inviting. Since we will have water but no sewer hookups, we have to have water and sewer hookups to wash, its to the laundry we go. Shirley went yesterday and we have clean clothes. We will dump tanks today and fill the water tank and see if we can make it to the 25th.

We went shopping in Marion, 16 miles south, to a mall to get something better than wal mart. The cheaper clothes just dont last. We went to Sears and Dillards and caught their end of season sale. It was like being in a candy store. I bought shorts and shirts so that I can trash what I have which is pretty well stained and discolored. I got $40 dollar clothes for $6 to $13. Shirley shopped and came home with a few tops. She said her petitte dept was all sold out. She needs clothes as bad as I did. We have a ways to go so we can shop on the way. And we treated ourselves to Red Lobster for lunch. Its been a long time since we had such good food.

She is out and about this morning. She went to the post office to see if our mail was there and to the arts show at Rend Lake arts building. There is wine tasting so she better be carefull driving. Im joking!

There were several at the dinner interested in our satellite so I gave little demo of setting it up and getting it running. And our uninvted guest Murphy came to dinner. I moving the dish and in putting the align-a-site on, my ring caught the bracket and pulled it off the dish. Perfect timing. And I didnt have a way to loosen and tighten the set screw. My tools in that dept are lacking, for now. One of our neighbors, Wes , aka Teachers Pet, had the tools I needed and let me borrow a 1/8" torex wrench. We were ready for the demo.

Again Murphy came to the demo. We have a couple who read this blogg and they are knowledgable about lots a of things. And from there email address they are quite smart. However, there is a part of common social interaction that some people just dont seem to get. And that is knowing when to sit and be still and let others have the floor without interruption. IE, dont show your stupidity by telling us all just how smart you are. As I later answered a coment from one of our classmates, I recognize that there are people smarter than me. My final comment on this is there is a cart and a horse, be sure to put them in order including the driver of the horse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home