The 2005 Travels of Richard n Shirley

We are fulltime RV's. This means we have no other home but our motor home. We joined the Escapees RV Club and use their mail forwarding service and forum. In addition to Escapees forum, you can find us on rv.net and lrv2.com. We are Richard n Shirley on all of them. We access the internet with a Direcway satellite dish mounted on a tripod. We do set up the dish at every place we stop for the night or more. We are #2321 on datastormusers.com. Click us and you will find our current location.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Here is the pics of our campground at Rend Lake. We are in the South Sandusky area which is 11 miles from West City, Benton and I57. The nearest walmart is in West Ctiy and the laundry is in Benton. we have a long space for our 55 ft. The asphalt paving is about 10ft wide and by parking the rv on the drivers side, there is enough room to walk on the paving on the passanger side. keeps us off the mud.


Now dont apy any attention the person in the pic, me, as he is pointing the direction to our camp site. We do not have full hookups but only elec. There is a water faucet closeby for us to fll the coach if necessary.





This is a different view of the space and the next pic is a closer view of our space. We picked this space so we could get a signal on our dish. You are really looking to the west.






Since we took this pic, we moved the rv further back to get tothe conc pad for our porch. This can be seen in the pic on the left side.
The blue ste is to replace the broken rv step. I need to order or get the aluminum arm that makes the stepgo in and out. My part broke and we have not stopped long enough to find and get a part. I need to order a few others for the rv ref outside cover and inside shelf clips. Now is time. I will see if there is a place in Mt Vernon to get them. Mt Vernon is 18 miles away.

A view of the area behind the coach of the table, fire ring and lantern post.

There has been so much rain in the area that the ground is green. The tree trunks are green and its wet. It did rain last night and into this morning. Both of us were so tired from two not to quiet of nights that we slept all night. it sure did feel good.

Our rv Class of 2005 will be meeting here at South Markum campground which is near by. For pics of that area go to this blogg.
I have posted those pics of reserved spaces that were un occupied. For those occupied at thetime we were there, we will have to go back.

1 Comments:

At 8/30/2005 7:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Richard 'n Shirley,
I just saw your nice comments about my BLOG. Thank you! I'm still trying, as you can see. Yesterday, pics would not go on. Today, they are jumping on practically by themselves. :o) Your BLOG looks so good, I wish I could do as nice as you. I enjoy checking periodically to see where you are and what you're doing. I may have to put you on my desktop for easy access. :o) Stay away from the hurricane!!!! We're in PA, seem to be safe, so far. Not going to Florida like we planned, will head inland. Hey, where is your GUEST BOOK? They are fun. If you are having a problem putting it on there, let me know and I'll try to help you, again.
Have a good week!
Sherry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home