The 2005 Travels of Richard n Shirley

We are fulltime RV's. This means we have no other home but our motor home. We joined the Escapees RV Club and use their mail forwarding service and forum. In addition to Escapees forum, you can find us on rv.net and lrv2.com. We are Richard n Shirley on all of them. We access the internet with a Direcway satellite dish mounted on a tripod. We do set up the dish at every place we stop for the night or more. We are #2321 on datastormusers.com. Click us and you will find our current location.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

New update on the recovery of Richard

He is progressing along lines to be considered “normal”. For him this means his pain level is down and is healing level is up. He is out of pain pills but has lots of others yet to take. He received 45 pills on Thursday afternoon, took one when he hit his arm so now he only has 45. The bottle reads 2 ever 4 hours. Well, 4 divided into 24 =6 and 2 times six = 12 twelve pills a day. 45 divided x 12 equals 48 hours less 2 pills, 4 hours and 1 pill , 2 hours. Hope you got that cause I’m to confused to start over. IE, we run out of pills before the paper work for a follow up visit is printed. As I told DW, time is not on our side.

She called the hospital after lunch and got a new supply going. In the car she went and got over there 60 minutes later, called me and guess what? Yep. On the way back she comes and we will discuss the next trip to Dallas. Your right, I should not complain as it was a “free operation” and it is a government agency we are dealing with. Just what the heck do I expect? She just drove up. Yea!

I’m healing nicely and have less pain each day. I expect this to be 6 weeks to travel, 8 weeks to drive either and 10-12 weeks to be able to dump tanks and due some of the outside activities. When we actually move is up to the follow up appointments. Once we have them, we can make plans. I think it is a given for us to go south this winter.

Not much else to add. I’m not fussy yet, thought about it but as DW said, “there not line up at the door!” So, I better keep my mouth closed. Yep! I did get my shower by myself today. It took a bit of doing but it was done.

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home