The 2005 Travels of Richard n Shirley

We are fulltime RV's. This means we have no other home but our motor home. We joined the Escapees RV Club and use their mail forwarding service and forum. In addition to Escapees forum, you can find us on rv.net and lrv2.com. We are Richard n Shirley on all of them. We access the internet with a Direcway satellite dish mounted on a tripod. We do set up the dish at every place we stop for the night or more. We are #2321 on datastormusers.com. Click us and you will find our current location.

Monday, December 26, 2005

A Recovery Update

We have a couple of improvements to report. We generally feel better.

My left arm incesion is better. This is the place where an artery was removed to be ued in my bypass. It has been very tendore to touch or yse but is better. We did buy a corporal wrist brace and it has worked wonders. I have been able to use part of the left hand. I now have use of my fingers and I'm able to
bend ad twist at the wrist with little pain. We have no badages on ther left arm at all.

My chest is still very tender and hurts a bunch when I have to cough. One of the three chest tube draines is not doing well. It is bleeding ever so slight. W have taken special care of it with Bentedene wipes to keep it sterile. we change this patch 2x a day. My left leg was cut from the groin to the ankle with a couple of skips. All is well here. There is a space where it still loosses some fluid. There is no other problems with it. This is a case of crossing my legs at the wrong spot.

My general attitidue is good, we have not had a harsh or unkind word. Both of us are under tremondous strain because of the operation, my pains, and the tight quarters. Since this is our second time around, we both know of the termondous amount of dedication and patience it takes. If she or I ever gets "testie", go to a seperate part of the rv or even outside an get some air. More later as time permits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home