The 2005 Travels of Richard n Shirley

We are fulltime RV's. This means we have no other home but our motor home. We joined the Escapees RV Club and use their mail forwarding service and forum. In addition to Escapees forum, you can find us on rv.net and lrv2.com. We are Richard n Shirley on all of them. We access the internet with a Direcway satellite dish mounted on a tripod. We do set up the dish at every place we stop for the night or more. We are #2321 on datastormusers.com. Click us and you will find our current location.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Update on the recovery of Richard

He is progressing along lines to be considered “normal”. For him this means his pain level is down and is healing level is up. He has good days and bad days. To day was a 50-50, yesterday was a 50-50 and I guess most of the days in the week ahead will be 50-50. This means that half of the day was good and the other half was a downer. We are going to change our pain pill intake from 2 per 10pm, 2 per 2 am, 1 per 6 am, 1 per 10 am, 1 per 2 pm and 1 per 6 pm to 2 per 2 am. I’m having a higher than expected pain level by 5 pm. We eill try this and see what happens. We are trying to work to 8 pills a day which is what the pharmacy looks at regardless of the Dr orders. Its government folks, what can I say.

Busy day today. We started at 9am with chores. But first, I slept like a baby. Got in 7 hours with only the 2 am interruption. I moved to the bed last night from the coach and slept well. Shirley got up and moved to the coach to get some sleep. She said I moaned all night and talked some in my sleep. It was the moaning that kept her awake. I’m on a shower every other day since it’s a lot of work for me. And last night was shower night.

We unhooked and dumped tanks. This unhooking to re hooking takes about an hour. The dump is close by which helps. Just lots for Shirley to do by herself. After we finished that, I invited myself to Weatherford to get out of the house. I got cabin fever, bad! We weren’t there more than 15 minutes and we cam back. It’s the little thing that count. Once we were back it was lunch time and the laundry this afternoon. Shirley finally got back around 3:30 pm. This included a trip to Albertson’s and shop for that still missing wedge pillow.

We pickup that mail that was there and brought it back. I got 2 get well cards and they were so nice. Will go on to the escapee.com web site to give thanks. There are some really nice people there that we have met.

We are now 2 weeks past our operation. Next week should show improvement in my pain level. Right now my “hurt” is a 6 of 10. At 4 pm today it was a 7 of 10. So far, my left arm at the wrist was a 10 which is the highest level of pain I have experienced.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home